Friday, February 24, 2012

2011 recap, where to now???

2011's come and gone, time for a new year and new direction...

Maybe I'm just stuck in the annual winter funk that all creatives go through....It's been a great year and a very rough one at the same time.  One moment I want to just give up, push harder, bigger, better, faster, the next...

I've shot quite a bit this past year.  I've created lots of images that I really love yet I hate them at the same time.  I've watched my studio grow into a wonderful thing and then lost it all.  I've had the opportunity to reach my dream career with Phase One combining my love for photography with my technical background from working in IT, and I had to turn it down.  I've invested tons of cash into equipment that I've lusted for the longest of time which just sits idle.  Images I've made that I'm the most proud of have caused me the most grief with my loved ones.  I've submitted my work to studios for consideration to make a change in careers to be told my work is entry level at best.  The one photo that I loved the most which won a little contest I later learn was only chosen because those in charge thought I was a professional photographer and that I would bring them business, what a blow.  I was also asked by Leaf to submit images to their gallery of Leaf users to represent their brand, while I'm honored my work just fills so out of place amongst the legends that are in there.

I'm tired of feeling like I have to only shoot what others want me to shoot or apologize for what I want to shoot...I just wish I could figure out what I want to do and where to go with everything...I want to enjoy it again!

Here's a slideshow of some images that were shot in 2011 that I'm somewhat happy with creating...

No comments:

Post a Comment