Saturday, June 5, 2010

Explanations of insanity...

Wow, it's been awhile since I've been on here.  Looks like I need to blow the cobwebs off and explain a few things.

First a picture, as no one really reads blogs, they just want images.  lol

Monae, Straight out of camera.


A friend of mine made a comment to me on facebook the other day stating that she was worried about me due to some recent posts of frustrations, so I thought I'd post what's really going on.  It's not that any really reads my blog anyway, but it's another way for me to put down what I think as I don't normally have anyone to verbally express it to.

I am just fine, just a little frustrated.

I am not that great of a photographer, at least not where I want to be.  It will come with time I'm sure.  The problem is that I've come to a point that to continue progressing where I want to go where I can't do it on my own, nor do I really know anyone here yet that is willing to help me reach these goals.  To make the images I envision requires talent beyond me like wardrobes, hairstylist, location, assistants, etc.  I'm still relatively new here to Charleston, and still haven't really formed a network of the above.

Going to these resources as an unknown, no one seems to help unless a dollar figure is first asked.  I understand this and whole heartedly believe in paying the professionals, but I can't give what I don't have.  I do not yet get paid as a photographer, nor does anyone want to pay a photographer that isn't already being paid it seems.

I know it sounds pathetic, but being a photographer is all I think about.  I loose too many hours of sleep thinking about shoots, when I do sleep I've even found myself dreaming about being at workshops of those I really admire.  When I look at people walking down the street I think about how I could compose them, etc.  Sometimes, I even get worked up to the point that I even feel sick when I want to do something in particular and not having what I need to pull it off.

Sometimes, I do think that I get a little too excited and annoy the few friends I do have asking for help and just wanting to always talk about shooting.  For this I apologize, yet I don't as it's because it's what I love to do.

1 comment:

  1. You should get a model mayhem site, I don't know if you have one but it really helps connect you with locals and also think of joining the low country models Facebook page as it will help you connect with other locals who may not have a model mayhem site, if this is redundant advice sorry!

    ReplyDelete