Sunday, January 17, 2010

Playing with lights at home.

My son decided to sit for me while doing some exercises after watching Zac Arias One Light DVD.

This shot is using a 400w monolight at 1/2 power camera left of the subject.  The room was fairly dim, since I was shooting at ISO 100 I needed 1/125 of a second shutter speed to get a proper flash exposure.  To get rid of the ambient light I picked a somewhat small aperture, f11 in this case since I was already shooting on a black background.






Just for fun I wanted to try balance my fill flash to get a 1 to 1 ratio with the light outside.  I decided to take a different approach than Zac.  I Cheated at balancing by taking a reading with my lightmeter on the outside, than upping the power on my strobe til I got the same reading on my subject...Not perfect but close to illustrate my point.


ISO100 f5.6@1/250th for both shots.



No comments:

Post a Comment