Sunday, January 3, 2010

a small handful of my favorite shots of 2009

So, let's get this blog started!  What's a blog about photography good for if there isn't any photos?


This is a shot of my little guy helping my test out my first set of studio lighting, boy do I have a lot to learn!


So one day I found this stellar deal on a Sekonic L-758DR.  This was right after we finished meeting the young lady I bought it from sitting at a coffee shop.  I decided to try it out while he was sitting there.  (we had also just bought this hat earlier this morning, he's so proud of it)



Of course, my son can't hog all the limelight!  I took this one day just playing around with my new camera and teaching my wife some basic photography skills.  It was a total capture, but how can you not love her eyes?


My little photo assistant!  Took this shot of Mat while he was helping me out while exploring the lighthouse end of Sullivan's Island




Out with the old.
When I took this I had just gotten a Nikon D700.  To part with my beloved D90, I wanted to take a shot in which I could do something with it I couldn't do with my D700.  I shot this on a D90 with a Sigma 70-300 lens.  Due to the crop factor and 35mm equivalent it was as if I was shooting at approx. 480mm.



The new park in Mt. Pleasant.
These I took while checking out the new park in Mt. Pleasant SC.  What a great way to test out the macro features of my then new Sigma 70-200 2.8 EXII.









While we were at the park, my wife's group (http://charlestonmommies.com) was having a play date.  This little girl had the prettiest eyes.




My lovely Wife!
Getting her in front of the camera is a rarity, she doesn't know how gorgeous she is.



Wide Open Portrait.
Again my wife wanted to learn more about photography.  She knew what she wanted to accomplish but didn't know how.  As she would tell me what she wanted I would show her how to do it.  This was shot wide open using a Nikkor 50mm 1.8 Lens.  The Post processing was done strictly as she desired.



We have some of the coolest cloud formations here in SC.




My Ugly Mug :)
This is a self portrait done by holding an SB-800 1/32 power in front of me down low.




Lydia Muller.
On my Birthday I was able to have the best gift ever!  An awesome photo shoot with a great model.  Thanks Lydia!




RiverFront Park
I captured this while on a photowalk with my brother while he was visiting during his leave from Iraq.




Connecting with your subject.
These are a couple photos I shot during a workshop at the Charleston Center for Photography taught by the talented Diana Deaver.  Thanks Diana and Anna Davis.





No comments:

Post a Comment