Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Shooting Tethered and Studio 101

Nothing much today, just wanted to mention some things.

This weekend I get the joy of attending the workshop Studio 101 at the Charleston Center for Photography led by Amelia Phillips Hale.  For anyone that has never been to CCforP or would like to learn more about photography, I highly recommend them.  The Center is ran by a fabulous group of passionate professional photographers.

I really look forward to this one!

Are you a mac user that shoots Nikon?  Don't want to spend $300 dollars for Camera Control Pro?  Why do we have to pay so much for something that should come with the camera? (Canon provides their tethering software free of charge).

Check out http://www.sofortbildapp.com/.  Sofortbild is a really simple yet powerful application that allows you to shoot tethered.  It's interface is really clean, and lightweight.  The best part is, it's cheap!  Sofortbild is donationware, if you like it you simply donate some money to the creator.  It's really worth it!

I've been playing with it myself lately, and was up and shooting in less than 5 minutes.  It allows me to shoot without having to constantly dump memory cards or rely on a tiny LCD to preview my images.  Instead, nothing is written to my CF Cards and they are automagically imported into Lightroom with my presets automatically applied!.

Please check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment